Sunday, August 14, 2011

slumber party sunday


Sorry I skipped slumber party sunday last week (I'm not sure why I'm apologizing since nobody has complained lol) but I actually completely forgot about it! Not so this week, though! I've planned a super fun party today, with chocolate snacks (one of these days I'll post a non-chocolate goodie, I swear) some great 60's music, based on the soundtrack to our slumber party movie Now and Then (yay!) and I have the first of a four part ghost story that's going to stretch out over the next three parties! Pajamas on?! Let's get started! :D




I love this idea so much! It's so simple, but so cute! Just melt chocolate, and pour it into the spoons. Then sprinkle some cute toppings and let it set. Voila! Super adorable party treats! I'm going to make these with little buncha crunch pieces sprinkled on top.. my favorite movie candy! I found the recipe/photo here.



Sugar Sugar by The Archies


My Boy Lollipop by Millie Smalls


Daydream Believer by The Monkees


I'm Gonna Make You Love Me by The Supremes




A huge thanks to Alison for reminding me how much I used to love Now and Then! I just watched it this week for the first time since I was a kid, and it was just as great as I remember. Although, I have no idea what my totally innocent little brain was thinking during all the sex talk. Seriously, I don't even remember being puzzled but I sure as heck had no idea what they were talking about when I was nine. Or even twelve or thirteen for that matter, ha! If you want to watch along with me, you can buy it on amazon // watch it on youtube // download the torrent // and the soundtrack is on amazon, too! :D




I thought it would be fun to post a serialized ghost story this time... parts 2-4 will be included in the next 3 slumber party sunday posts, so you can check back each week to see the rest of the story! And this one looks mighty spooky! :D


truth: what is the absolute worst present you've ever been given?
dare: eat your least favorite food today & see if you change your mind
(Mine would be cheese -yup- and I'd never be able to do this dare myself, haha)