Thursday, November 10, 2011

DIY: pumpkin pie body scrub




I love the holidays. The smell of pumpkin and cinnamon is my favorite part of fall. During the fall winter is when I do the most baking and cooking. Making the house smell like all kinds of yummy things. Everyone gets in on the smells of the season. Every year I try to make most of the gifts for the people on my list. I think that giving them something useful and handmade is much nicer. Especially because sometimes you can only spend $5 on that person. $5 goes a long way in the hand made world. When it comes to bath scrubs, it is so much cheaper to go this route. Normally a jar like this full of yummy smelling scrub can easily run $15 - $35.



Ingredients:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup Turbinado Sugar
3/4 cup Olive Oil or Almond Oil
1tsp Ginger
1tsp Cinnamon
1.5 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice

Tools:
Bowl
Container that seals tightly
Wooden Spoon and/or Whisk



{Rachael Ray Style}

1. Combine all ingredients in a sm/medium mixing bowl.



2. Whisk well be sure to break up all the chunks of brown sugar. 3. Pour into Jar, seal, add a small spoon or scoop and tie with a bow. ALL DONE!

// You can visit Gracie on her blog, Betwixxt! :)