Monday, January 21, 2013

mint and mustard



Not sure why I always feel compelled to name my outfit posts after the colors I'm wearing (which lately means a lot of my blog post titles include the word "mint") ...

For the last two weeks my etsy shop has been way (WAY) too quiet. Since I'm a full time etsy seller (and textbook worrywart) I decided that to keep my brain from spiraling into a deep dark pit of despair, I would tackle some of the little projects around the house that I haven't had time for before.

To begin with, I organized all of my records so it's easier for me to find what I'm looking for (I have so many Sinatra records that I organized by grouping my albums into "Frank" and "Not Frank") and finished up working on a little hallway supply closet. Then I installed a shelving unit under my bed to create even more organized storage! yay! I'm taking pictures later this week to show how neat it looks :) I'm waiting until later in the week because I'm also (drum roll) painting my bed! I've wanted to do this for about 4 years now and just never got around to it. I'm also painting my bedside table, too!

Tomorrow I'm going to tile the counter top in my bathroom (teenage Kate thought it would be a good idea to paint over the laminate counter and I've been trying to figure out a way to undo that damage ever since) and hopefully finish the mural I started in there in 2011! I'm kind of excited actually, even if I do keep anxiously checking the etsy app on my phone every few minutes...


dress- c/o modcloth | shirt and belt - f21 | tights - urban outfitters | shoes - asos