Monday, October 21, 2013

a first time for everything



My first outfit photo in my new place! I only have one wall left to paint and a couple small projects to complete before I can start moving in my furniture. I've been over there every day hurrying to get things finished. I didn't realize how incredibly time-intensive and stressful moving can be! There is SO much to be done, so many things I have to spend money on that I don't want to (hello there, microwave) and so many normal day-to-day responsibilities that are hard to keep up with when all of your stuff is in limbo. eek! Hopefully I'll be able to wrap everything up this week and get settled. I really can't wait to get the cats over there and see them inspecting everything. A house just isn't a home until there are little furry babies running around in it! :)

I just got these new glasses in the mail this week and I love them so much.. they remind me of the ones Marilyn Monroe wore in How to Marry a Millionaire (one of my favorite movies, by the way!) I've had prescription glasses for over a year but it's taking me a while to get used to wearing them regularly. Mostly because I've had a hard time finding frames that I like. I've acquired a bit of a collection after ordering a lot online, but these and this blue pair are the only ones I've felt comfortable in. These are from London Retro... they have a lot of nice old-fashioned styles to choose from so I have a feeling I'll be going back for more at some point. Right now they have a collection inspired by the London Underground, with each pair named after a different station. Pretty nifty! :)


dress - forever 21 | shoes - c/o bait footwear | hat - gift from casey
heart brooch - gift from rosa clementine | glasses - c/o my optique