Monday, January 20, 2014

style gallery



For a while I used to post all of my outfits on Lookbook but eventually I stopped.. the site seems (at least to me) to be more for edgy streetwear than pretty dresses. I just didn't feel like I fit in. I actually had forgotten that Modcloth has their own outfit gallery until they e-mailed me recently about a contest they're having to promote their Style Gallery. I uploaded one picture last year and then it completely slipped my mind as I hopelessly sent my pastel outfits into Lookbook oblivion.

I'm going to start uploading my outfits there again, and if you're interested you can follow along. They just started letting users follow each other. To promote the new feature, the user who gets the most followers by 1/27 will win $100 gift card, and two of the people who followed them will also win $50 gift cards!

I spent way more time than I care to admit scrolling through the gallery last night and was favoriting looks left and right. There's so much cute style on there! And there's a lot of variety -- it's not like everybody is wearing the same thing I do. There's edgy, cute, spunky and effortlessly cool. I think it's so nice to see so many fun, original looks. You don't even have to be wearing modcloth clothes in your photo, either! You can see my favorite looks here.

If you take outfit photos you should definitely try it out! Or even if you don't yet, it's a great place to start if you don't want to take the leap into blogging just yet :)