Saturday, October 3, 2015

fangirl part 2



Last weekend me and Casey went to the Supernatural convention in Secaucus, NJ! It was our second year going and just as fun as the first time!

I got a photo-op with my favorite human being, Misha Collins. I was literally planning my outfit for this since I bought the tickets last year. I'd buy dresses thinking "ooh, this would be great for my photo-op!" and then when the day finally came, I went with a plain black dress that I've had in my closet for years, lol. I always seem to do stuff like that! Oh well! The photos are taken with a really ugly red curtain background. I was going to link to my picture from last year to show you the red curtain and then when I went to grab the link I saw that I made it b/w last year, too! haha! This year I decided to photoshop it out of the picture entirely. I wish I wasn't so picky about color but I can't help it!!

You might be wondering why I'm making a kind of weird face in this picture. Or maybe you're not wondering, but I'm going to explain anyway. When I walked into the photo-op room I noticed that Misha was making this face in every single picture:



And I thought it would be fun if I made the same face, right? So I did. And then I picked up my picture two hours later and saw that mine was basically the only photo where he didn't make the face, haha! So I just look like I'm absolutely crazy and he looks normal. I think it makes for a kind of funny story though.

I was a little disappointed that I didn't end up with a "me and Misha are both making funny faces! hahaha!" kind of photo, so, since I am apparently completely shameless, I bought another photo-op the next day and asked him to make goofy faces with me. I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE I GOT THE NERVE. I am so shy, I literally can't even make eye contact with the cashiers at the grocery store let alone look at/talk to the most awesome human being on this planet. I seriously don't know where this sudden burst of chutzpah came from??? Anyway, we had to leave early the night of my second photo-op so I won't get to see it until they post them online in a couple of weeks. I'll definitely share that picture when I get it! I mean, we did bunny ears, too! WHAT THE HECK!!?



I also got Misha to autograph my photo in the 2013 GISHWHES book! It's so special to me because it's not just on the cover or inside, it's right on my picture! This actually reminds me that I still haven't shared any of my pictures from GISHWHES this year. I'll have to remedy that very soon! Me and Sammi did one of the tasks while she was visiting and it was so weird and fun and the picture is perfect! :D



This was the line for Misha's autograph! @_@ I actually had ticket #6 but they called all of the people who had purchased the big convention packages first (it includes tickets for the whole weekend, the best seats during Q&A panels and autographs with basically every star from the show) so I had to wait a verrrrry long time. WORTH IT THOUGH!



The one annoying thing about the Supernatural convention is that the event planners have basically nothing for you to do 70% of the time. During the day they have a lot of photo-ops scheduled, and nothing else. So if you are finished with your photos or don't have any at all, you basically have to just sit and wait around for hours until the next Q&A panel. Me and Casey knew about this from last year so we decided to bring my Supernatural Clue board game along with us! You can technically get by with 2 players but it's much more fun with four! So we asked two other convention-goers to join us! We had so much fun!! Aside from all-things Misha, this was hands down one of my favorite parts of the convention.



This was me and Casey when I was in line for my (first) photo op. I was so nervous, as evidenced by my terrified grimace/smile. And, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that Casey got the most epic photo-op ever -- it's called the Supernatural sandwich photo and if you're a fan of the show your jaw is going to drop when you see this. She posted the photo on instagram, here.

It's so fun getting to hang out with a bunch of people who love the same thing that you do. It makes me want to find a way to SDCC so badly (I keep thinking that next year they'll probably have a panel for The X-Files because it comes back in January, and getting to do the convention thing for TXF? I would die. I'd actually die.)

If you're interested in more Supernatural fangirlness you can read my post from the 2014 convention here.