Friday, October 7, 2016

posh frock friday



This dress is one of my unicorns -- a brand new dress that looks like a vintage 60's party dress. They're super hard to find, at least in my experience. Most vintage reproductions seem to be more like classic vintage: 1950's, Audrey Hepburn or Marilyn Monroe-ish, wiggle dresses, etc. Even when 60's styles are reproduced, it tends to be mod Twiggy-style mini dresses. Which I love, don't get me wrong, but it's SO hard to find things with knife-pleated chiffon or giant bows along the collar or enormous sheer sleeves. And when I do find them, more often than not they just don't feel as special as the original vintage does... something just feels off.  

BUT THIS DRESS. This dress gets it right. I had this hanging up next to a lilac knife-pleated dress from the 60's in my closet and you would never have been able to guess that they were produced some 50+ years apart. This really feels like vintage. But THANK THE HEAVENS it comes in multiple sizes so it's not like 99% of the vintage dresses sitting in my etsy favorites, whose waist measurements would prevent me from even getting the dress around one thigh.

Don't forget if you're joining in and getting all dolled up today, post your outfit on IG with the hashtag #poshfrockfridays